Tuesday, September 14, 2004

My Favorite Handguns

I have very strong feelings about this subject. I have had extensive experience with over 100 different models, not many people have my resume with internal work. There is no maybe, or I think, or guess work here, this is the real deal. With all due respect NO beginner part time wannabbee Smith can separate fact from fiction and tell you what I can.

The best 9 mm on the Planet is the HK P7 M8, it holds 8 plus 1. It has a gas retard system with a fluted chamber and a polygonal rifled fixed barrel, it is very high dollar and they are hard to find, but it does not get any better, it is superb.

My favorite Beretta is the 92f and I also like the excellent Brigadier Elite II which is an excellent large frame pistol in 9 mm, it holds 15 plus 1. I like the Stainless Steel version.

In the Sig Sauer line of handguns I like the 239, it is a very well made accurate pistol that is available in 9 mm, 40 S&W and 357 Sig caliber. It is an excellent single stack carry pistol with an alloy frame which is hard anodized in Germany.

In the Glock line of handguns I carry a Glock 27 which is 40 caliber in an Alessi holster. All the mini Glocks are excellent such as the Glock 26 in 9 mm and the Glock 33 in 357 Sig caliber. I like the Glock 36 in 45 acp caliber which is the best small 45 pistol on the market. The best all around Glock is the 19 in 9 mm caliber and NOW hi cap magazines are available with 15 plus 1, which makes this small package 16 rounds of pure fire power.

The MAKAROV is still TOP RATED IN MY BOOK.
Another Excellent small 45 acp caliber handgun is the HK USP compact, which has a superb barrel. As I mentioned in a previous comment the S&W 3913 is a very reliable performer that I would stake my life on after it has been refined.
If you like a Single Action pistol a Browning Hi Power is without a doubt a classic all time favorite that is one of the best designs ever made by John Browning.

For a small semi auto as a back up the NAA Guardian has no equal. I just purchased a Guardian for myself in NAA 25 caliber, bullet travels at 1300 Feet per second.

For a small revolver the hammerless S&W 640 in 357 Mag. caliber, all Stainless Steel version is one of the best there is. The S&W 642 in 38 special caliber is an aluminum frame hammerless revolver that is excellent.

In the Ruger line the SP101 revolver in 357 mag. caliber is a solid performer but a little heavier than the S&W revolvers
To decide what is best for you, go to your local Gun Shop and put some of these models in your hand and see what is best for you.
If you are a South Paw like I am, the HK P7 M8 is the way to go if you want a semi auto that is super accurate and super reliable.

Teddy Jacobson