Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Understanding Trigger Pulls

WELCOME TO THE NO BS ZONE OF TEDDY JACOBSON

For those people that are looking for a superb CERAMIC COATING

Go to www.nicindustries.com

Call and speak with Brandon Grady, tell him I told you to call.

WANT THE BEST TRIGGER LUBRICANT GO TO

www.militec-1.com

Want the very best gun cleaner use LPS MICRO X or LPS ZERO TRI

www.lpslabs.com - can be purchased from www.mscdirect.com



Updated Oct. 21, 2005
infowars.net/articles/october2005/201005indictment.htm

PLEASE NOTE: I MAINTAIN THE RIGHT TO ENDORSE ANY PRODUCT OR COMPANY THAT I WANT WHICH I SINCERELY BELIEVE IS SUPERIOR. I DO NOT GET PAID FOR THESE ENDORSEMENTS AND I DO IT AND OR WRITE COMPLIMENTARY LETTERS AT MY DISCRETION AND I RESERVE THAT RIGHT UNTIL I AM DEAD....... TJ

Added Oct. 20, 2005

PLEASE NOTE: I DO VERY LIMITED WORK AT THIS POINT IN TIME. I DO SOME TRIGGER WORK ON STREET GUNS ONLY AND I WILL NOT PUT UP WITH OR CATER TO THE FANTASIES OF TARGET SHOOTERS AS MANY OF THEM ARE IMPOSSIBLE TO NOT ONLY DEAL WITH BUT IMPOSSIBLE TO SATISFY. THE VERY REASON FOR THIS ADDED NOTE IS THAT I AM GETTING CALLS AND EMAILS FROM TARGET PEOPLE ALL THE TIME. IF A PERSON WANTS TO USE MY STREET ACTION WORK FOR TARGET AND OR COMPETITION THAT IS THEIR DECISION BUT I WILL NOT EVER, PAST OR PRESENT PUT UP WITH THEIR BS. NO ONE TELLS ME WHAT KIND OF SPRINGS TO USE OR HOW TO DO THE WORK BECAUSE IF THEY KNOW SO MUCH WHY DON'T THEY DO THEIR OWN WORK. MOST DO NOT HAVE A CLUE WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT. PLEASE CALL YOUR FRIENDLY TARGET PISTOLSMITH, NOT ME.

AS FOR THE ARTICLE IN THE NOV. 2005 ISSUE OF GUNS MAGAZINE WRITTEN BY MASAAD AYOOB REGARDING A BERETTA MODEL 87 THAT I DID MANY YEARS AGO, I WILL NO LONGER WORK ON THAT MODEL.




DISCLAIMER: THIS COMMENTARY AS WELL AS ALL MY PREVIOUS COMMENTARIES ARE MY PERSONAL OPINION AND MY PERSONAL VIEWPOINT ONLY. WHEN I QUOTE SOME ONE ITS BECAUSE THEY SAID IT ON A PUBLIC FORUM OR PUBLIC DOMAIN.


I have decided to get into a discussion about trigger pulls because of all the "MORONS" out there that think they know what they are talking about. Most of what I have seen or read has been nonsense by people that do not understand. I am too old and experienced to beat around the bush. Those that do not like me or my honesty can get the hell out of my world and my blogger right now as I do not need your BS.

I am going to write about trigger pull gauges and I do not think a person should own one unless they get some kind of certification as to its proper use. Pulling a trigger on most any handgun will be different if you were to use your right index finger vs. your left index finger, but of course these self proclaimed know it alls must know that. I have tried to do only street guns most of my life because trying to negotiate with target shooters is beyond my patience. Some of these people are NUTS.

I will start from the beginning and I will go slow to try and make myself very clear. A light trigger pull is not as important as a trigger that breaks like a glass rod. Setting up a handgun for the streets is far different than trying to set one up for a would be target shooter of any kind. I will start off by talking about a single action semi auto pistol and lets discuss the trigger on a 1911 pistol. I can cut the hammer hooks an exact 90 degrees by hand better than most people can, using their machinery because once their cutters are used they start to lose their very edge and instead of a true 90 degrees, they have a slight radius. You must use 20 power magnification and above to be able to see this 90 degree radius.

This is important to me because when I cut my sear I want repeatable lockup of the engagement exactly the same, shot after shot. If there is a radius on my hammer I could not be assured of an exact repeatable engagement. When you put a high dollar trigger pull gauge on one of my triggers you must know how to use that gauge or you can easily get uneven or various readings. Through the years I have learned how to mix a few ingredients that can lower the actual pull of my finished engagements very easily. I mix this semi fluid myself and I do not tell anyone about this as a general rule.

Pulling the trigger on most any handgun is a different reading when you use your right index finger as compared to your left index finger. This is true and many people do not understand any of this. If I finish a 1911 pistol, I take 3 trigger pull readings and that gives me a correct reading of what I am looking for, with my engagements and the lube on the engagements it may read 4.5 lbs. Lets say you take a reading with your ten dollar trigger pull gauge 6 months later, you may not get the same reading as I did.

The reason for this is that you do not know what side my trigger pull gauge was pulled from and at what angle I used in the pull. You also may at that time have a very dry engagement because my lubrication mixture is no longer there. The dryer the critical engagements have become the higher the readings will show and your ten dollar gauge may not be as accurate as my 100 dollar trigger pull gauge. You would have no way of knowing from which side either right or left I took my original readings and the exact consistant angle from which the gauge was pulled.

I have my own semi fluid lubricant that will lower any trigger pull instantly but it will never take the place of an action job because its critical how you cut the engagements and how you finish the engagements and what angles are used to achieve the best trigger pull. I am trying to go slow and clear so as not to confuse anyone. I work in Micron sizes, and use many different grades depending what kind of steel I am working with. Anyone that has been to my shop knows what I am saying as they have seen all this on my work bench.

Lets talk about a Browning Hi Power which is a different type of single action trigger than a 1911 pistol. There is no simularity in the design and if too much metal is taken off the sear or hammer then you have created a safety problem. The BHP comes from the factory with a 32 lb. hammer spring. That is one very tough spring to work with. The 1911 pistol comes out of the factory with a 23 lb. hammer spring. We are not comparing apples to apples between these two very different designs and I can get either trigger to break like glass for a street gun. I do not ever want to discuss anything with target people. BECAUSE I would need some valium to calm down.

NOW lets talk briefly about a semi auto pistol that is Double Action on the first pull and the second pull is Single Action. I have done thousands and thousands of these type pistols, but what will work for a design like a Sig Sauer will not work for a Beretta 92 or a design like an HK USP will be different than a CZ 75 pistol. Each and every handgun is a totally different ball game. I will give you an example, If you have a Walther PPK/S, I can not make the Double Action lower than 13 lbs for street reliability. If you have an SW 3913 which is a third generation type pistol I can easily make the Double Action 9 lbs with total reliabilty for street use.

What I am trying to explain to you is that every different design has different problems like the rotational arc of a hammer which is never the same from either brand to brand or model to model. Think you know trigger work ?? Think you are good at it ?? How about you take apart a Para Ordnance LDA and improve the trigger without changing the hammer spring. How about taking apart an HK USP LEM model and improve the trigger with out cutting springs and keeping it reliable for street survival work, so if there is a shooting you can win and go home.

I have not even scratched the surface of what is involved in doing trigger work on street guns. I have not even mentioned revolvers yet. I have heard and read such BS comments thru the years in all types of written media whether it be on the computer or in a paper publication. These people that put in weak springs are not doing them selves any favor and when their springs take a set they will start to get misfires. A great deal depends on your ammunition when talking about reliability because if you have a hard foreign primer it takes more spring power to ignite it. If you have a reloaded bullet that has a high primer, your firing pin hit will just push it and it will go click instead of bang.

Most people that either know me or read my commentaries know that I carry a Glock pistol most of the time. This type of pistol uses a striker system and I can easily arrange for my Glock to have a 3.5 pound trigger pull. I do not think like this, it was my choice to think about reliability and safety and use a New York Trigger spring and I intentionally set my trigger pull at 7.5 lbs. I do not mind the heavier pull cause it cuts down the chance for an accidental discharge when inserting the Glock into my custom holster which is a tight form fit. Even though I use a heavier trigger pull the break is super clean and positive, that will not cause me any problem.

If we talk about a revolver, what will work for an SW certainly does not apply to other brands or they may vary model to model. For example, I can not do the same internal work for a SW 686 as compared to a SW 640. We are not comparing apples to apples in this case either. The 686 is a larger "L" frame with an exposed hammer and the newer models are totally different that the older models. The 640 ("J" Frame) has an internal hammer design and the action work to make a revolver like this street worthy for my standards is completely different. Think you know trigger work then try and solve problems on a Ruger revolver with no removeable plate.

Every revolver as well as every semi auto pistol must be treated on an individual case basis. There is no rule of thumb between either models or brands of manufacture when you get into the refinements like I do. The reason that I am trying my best to give you a general explanation of what I have had to go through all these years is when I read what these people write and say regardless of who it is, its beyond me how they can be so wrong and you can not ever tell these kind of people anything. I have told many target people that if they know so much why call me.

Many big name shops have many people working on your handgun. How can you trust your life to some one you do not know that either makes 10 dollars an hour or works on commission. I can not begin to tell you how many people through all these years have asked me for a trigger pull of 1.5 lbs on certain models. What can they say to me, other than they are target shooters and "YOU CAN TRUST ME" --- I am supposed to trust them and lose everything to a liability law suit. No one needs a trigger pull that light. SAFETY MUST COME FIRST.

When I work on a MAKAROV, for example, I know that most of the ammunition that will be fired will be foreign made and that means harder primers. I can not make the Double Action trigger pull too low or it will go click instead of bang. You must understand that in DA / SA handguns your misfires will come in the DA mode because the hammer has a shorter rotational arc. Some of the Double Action Only handguns must be treated very differently also. Many people that work on handguns grind the outside of springs to make them thinner. This could easily put you in your favorite morgue as a speciment for examination.


Try not to believe all the BS you hear or read. Take it with a grain of salt. You must remember all I ever did was trigger work and I do not know anyone in North America that knows more about this than I do. Many famous people use and carry handguns I have worked on because I never took any short cuts and never took a chance with their lives. So when people tell me that their trigger pull gauge reads this or that and I just cringe at their stupidity. If you keep one of my actions properly lubed with a superior product like MILITEC it should break like glass year after year.

There is no way I can type well enough to explain every detail of all that I know about trigger work regarding each and every one of the models I am so very familiar with. The die hard 1911 folks are not only still fighting the war of the calibers but also how to do each and every step in refining this 100 year old design. With all the BS and all the 1911 pistols out there, the very best buy in a 1911 pistol is still the $400.00 Springfield Armory Mil-Spec G.I. model. I liked it so much that I even bought myself one. I kept it as stock looking as possible with the G.I. small sights. It now breaks like glass at 4.5 lbs...

My presentation is often taken as being abrasive but I am trying to tell all of you the truth about trigger pulls and action work and the mis use of trigger pull gauges. Gila Hayes the famous woman gun writer once told me that NO one should be allowed to purchase a Dremel tool unless they have a certified license on knowing how to use one without ruining their favorite handgun.

To sum it all up there is no way to compare most any 2 brands of handguns internally when taling about refinement of these actions. The models even change drastically, for example when SW talks about their third generation semi autos there is no similarity to the SW Sigma pistols. They are totally different animals. Unless you specifically study the design of each action like I have you will never know what to do in order to refine it.



The after market parts varie so much on a 1911 pistol that unless you really understand the geometry you are in for a very rough ride in working on one. No two frames are identical and many holes are drilled out of spec. If you have a dimensional difference of 1/32 or 1/16 of an inch thats like a mile when it comes to getting things working properly with the geometry of different hammers and sears and disconnectors and triggers, etc, etc. It can be a living hell.

I hope what I have written helps you.






Thursday, October 13, 2005 - (Hal Lindsey is a famous Christian Minister) http://www.hallindsey.com/


Earthquakes, famines and wars


Posted: October 13, 20051:00 a.m. Eastern
By Hal Lindsey

© 2000 WorldNetDaily.com-->© 2005 WorldNetDaily.com

Last Friday, an earthquake measuring nearly 8.0 on the Richter scale flattened huge populated areas around Pakistan's capital city of Islamabad. Some estimates put the death toll from the quake as high as 50,000 people, with entire cities utterly destroyed by the temblor. The aftershocks were themselves major earthquakes.

The National Geological Survey reported 13 aftershocks measuring between 5.5 and 6.3 over the weekend. Aftershocks are a normal part of earthquakes. But the number and severity following Friday's quake are unusual.

My friend Tom Ambrose of WorldNetDaily did a little research on the subject on Monday. He found the three largest-magnitude earthquakes recorded in recent history took place in this generation.

The 1960 Chilean earthquake measured 9.5; the 1964 Alaskan quake and the Sumatra quake last Christmas both measured 9.0. The Sumatra temblor was so powerful it moved the island off its former GPS coordinates.

It shook the entire earth like a tuning fork, making the planet wobble on its axis and actually causing time to shift slightly.
Ambrose also noted, "The U.S. Geological Survey data indicate earthquake occurrences are increasing. In 2000, there were 22,256 recorded earthquakes worldwide. That number has steadily increased to 31,199 earthquakes in 2004."

According to the just-released Red Cross World Disasters Report, natural disasters are coming at a scale unprecedented in both frequency and intensity. Hama Arba Diallo, executive secretary of the United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification, recently told reporters, "Natural disasters have reached enormous dimensions."

Research says natural disasters affected, on average, 188 million people for each of the years from 1990 to 1999. Forty-three percent of the worst natural disasters struck Asia, which suffered 70 percent of the casualties.

The U.N.'s Inter-Agency Task Force on Disaster Reduction studied great natural disasters between 1950 and 2000. It found that there were 20 such calamities between 1950 and 1959 costing $38 million (in 1998 U.S. dollars). But between 1990 and 1999, the number of disasters had risen to 82 and the economic losses had risen to $535 billion.

The U.N.'s insurance group, Munich Re, compared the last 10 years with the 1960s. It found that the number of major catastrophes had increased from 27 in the decade of 1960s to 70 in the last 10 years. Many trends indicate that we now are experiencing the ultimate expression of the apostle Paul's observation:

"We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time." (Romans 8:22) But even greater "birth pains" and catastrophes are still ahead.
In addition to earthquakes, famines and wars, Jesus predicted an increase in the frequency and intensity of new outbreaks of pestilence, or deadly, infectious diseases. Over the course of this past generation, modern medicine cured scourges like tuberculosis and other infectious diseases, only to have new, drug-resistant superbugs arise to take their place.

Until this generation, there was no such thing as AIDS. Since AIDS was discovered in 1980, a whole host of new diseases with acronyms instead of names, like SARS, for example, keep baffling scientists. Right now, the U.S. is bracing for a predicted "pandemic" of avian flu that some warn may be worse than the 1918 Spanish flu epidemic.
That epidemic killed twice as many people in one season as the entire four years of World War I.

According to worst-case scenarios, avian flu could kill a billion people worldwide and make ghost towns out of major cities. And we couldn't make enough vaccine to fight it in time, even if we had a workable vaccine to make.

Thanks to international air travel, experts believe avian flu could travel from China to Japan to New York to San Francisco within the first week. If the flu does strike, victims at first would not know if it is the kind of easily treated flu that comes every year or the killer flu, known as H5N1.

The draft report of the federal government's emergency plan predicts as many as 200,000 Americans will die within a few months. This is considered a conservative estimate. The draft report also says it will not be until six months after the first outbreak that any vaccine will be available, and then only in a limited supply.

Everybody is scratching his or her head in perplexity. What is wrong with the weather? But that isn't the only question puzzling modern science. What is up with all the killer earthquakes? Where are all the new diseases coming from? And why are all these catastrophic conditions coming at once? These are existential questions with answers completely outside mankind's power to answer or control. Statistics show the planet to be increasingly unsafe.

One can argue that people can manipulate events to make them appear to fit Bible prophecy. But no one can manipulate the weather, solar events, earthquakes, famines or pestilential diseases. But when taken in the context of the Big Picture, the answer to all these questions is the same.

If only a few of these things were occurring, it would not fit Jesus' predicted scenario of events that precede His coming. But the fact that all these predicted signs are like birth pains occurring in concert with each other and growing in frequency and magnitude must not be ignored.
They clearly tell us that the Lord is coming very soon.



HELPFUL WEBSITES FOR YOU TO USE:

www.vandenbergcustom.com

www.theclockcop.com

www.weatherwars.info

www.trippresearch.com

www.defensereview.com

http://gogumogog.com/ Audio - Do not listen to this unless you have an OPEN MIND.

http://www.hallindsey.com/ Listen to Audio intelligence briefings from June 8, 2005 to present

http://www.michaelsavage.com/ Know your enemy - see the actual beheadings if you can stand it.

www.jtf.org http://www.nicindustries.com/ - Brandon Grady

www.peterlance.com

www.nodoom.com

www.yellowstonetrading.com

www.pep-c.org

www.militec-1.com

http://www.ccrkba.org/

www.leejurras.com/forums/

www.actionsbyt.com

www.tacticalknives.blogspot.com/ (Blogger by TJ)

http://www.wowtexas.com/ (Wrestling)

http://www.davidstahr.com/ (Wrestling)

http://www.ammoman.com/Excellent Prices on Ammo

http://www.lightningarms.com/ Milt sparks Holsters and more

www.cdnninvestments.com

http://www.palehorseholsters.com/ Holsters for NAA Minis

http://www.hipowersandhandguns.com/ See Excellent Articles

http://www.cheytac.com/ Military sniper rifle

www.brownells.com

www.coldsteel.com

www.benchmadeknives.com

www.spyderco.com

www.survivalblog.com


Teddy