Monday, September 27, 2004

The Reality of POLYMER

I carry a Glock with a Polymer frame. There are old die hards out there that have nothing good to say about these modern day handguns, they are just plain "IGNORANT".
Some of these Pistols have been put through TORTURE TESTS that other type of handguns could never pass. There are a great many Federal Agencies that now use Polymer frame handguns, they do not rust, they are light in weight, they come with high capacity magazines, and they do not jam.

Its the real world we live in and I am open minded enough to understand the advantage and future of these handguns. I will not bury my head in the Sand and lie to myself, "IT IS WHAT IT IS"... Glock Pistols are super reliable and they run forever, and when these "KNOW IT ALLS" talk bad about these pistols it is usually because of not understanding what an improvement in handgun development this has evolved into. I have heard of Glocks that have digested 350,000 rounds and are still working, show me a 1911 that you have that compares to this figure.

My little Glock 27 will do anything your Colt Government or Commander will do, not only does my 27 hold more rounds, I do not ever have to worry if it will feed any hollowpoint. It will digest any bullet configuration like a disposal. I have air brushed about 30 micro scopic coats of Moly on the barrel and I baked it on (self lubricating) and with my New York Trigger Spring installed, its totally safe carrying a round in the chamber. I have installed Ashley's Big Dot front night site for super quick acquisition. My slide has been hard chrome plated in a matte finish and the frame has no modifications beyond factory. Its good to go any time day or night under any circumstances.

What more could anyone want in a small light weight carry pistol that will stop a crime or an attacker instantly using 135 grain hollowpoint bullets at +P or +P+ velocity. So do not put my Polymer pistol down when you do not know what you are talking about.

Is your 1911 Government or Commander with beautiful front strap checkering with all the bells and whistles with cheap internal MIM parts using ball ammo going to be more lethal, work better, or will it be more reliable than my HK USP or my Glock 17, 19, 21, 22, 23, 32, 36, etc.
in a life and death situation. "NOT A CHANCE", If you do not believe me ask the FEDS or the New York City Police Dept. (close to 40,000 Police) what they use and why.

If you think the smaller calibers are not as effective talk to a Pathologist, I have many times.

Teddy Jacobson