Sunday, September 26, 2004

Sig Sauer Handguns

FIRST LET ME SAY THAT I DO THIS BECAUSE I SINCERELY WANT TO HELP EDUCATE YOU AND I AM "NOT" TROLLING FOR WORK, I ALWAYS HAVE MORE WORK THAN I NEED.

I have worked on Sig Pistols For a very long time. They make a superb line of handguns used by Law Enforcement and private people nationwide. The PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES IS OFTEN PROTECTED BY SIG PISTOLS.
I own 1 (one) Sig handgun which is a 228, it is one of my favorite of the Sig models that are offered. Being left handed I prefer to carry a more user friendly pistol for a South Paw as mentioned in previous commentaries.

These Sig Pistols come with a hard anodized aluminum alloy frame which is finished in Germany, this finish should never be removed, regardless of who tells you its safe to remove the anodizing and refinish the frame, this is not true. If you check with the factory gunsmith he will tell you exactly what I am saying. When the frame is bead blasted you expose a soft aluminum alloy and the holes in the frame are no longer protected by the HARD GERMAN ANODIZING. Once the frame finish has been altered and refinished, and as you use the decocking lever, you exert forward pressure on the frame hole and in 6 months of constant use your hole in the frame will become egg shape and you will need a new frame.

Sig pistols have a firing pin spring that is made to retract as DESIGNED and I do not recommend you install a stronger firing pin spring.

Sig Sauer pistols are designed to incorporate a reset spring and it is used so that the pistol can be converted to Double Action Only (DAO) with out any problem. If you use a weak hammer spring also known as a main spring or cut coils off the hammer spring you are going to have misfires. Sig pistols are unforgiving, if you use a light hammer spring.

My favorite Sig Pistol is the 239 which is available in 3 calibers. In my opinion this is the best carry handgun that Sig Sauer makes. It is solid like a rock, it is dependable and accurate and a fine performer in any caliber. It incorporates a different kind of reset spring that is less prone to cause any problem, which in my opinion is an advantage over the other models. I can get the trigger pull on the 239 as smooth as glass.

Sig makes a model for everyone, they are all good. I think the 230 and the 232 are to big for a 380 acp caliber pistol, but that is just my personal opinion. When cleaning the 230 or 232 remove the plastic grips as chemical agents will ruin them.
Buying a Sig pistol is a solid investment in every way, especially for protection of life and property.

Teddy Jacobson