Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Surefire Products

WELCOME TO THE NO BS ZONE OF TEDDY JACOBSON


About 25 years ago Dr. John Matthews started the SUREFIRE Company to make illumination flashlight tools for not only Law Enforcement and Military personnel but for civilians who wanted the very best in handheld flashlights. This is a very superior product that other flashlights are compared to. This is the very best standard that all other lights are judged by.


SUREFIRE is second to none in quality and advancements in portable lighting technology. SUREFIRE manufactures working tools for our Police and Military and most knowledgeable people who want the very best, always buy a SUREFIRE product. They have an extensive line of products for every need and some models now contain a dual lighting element consisting of LED's (Light Emitting Diodes) which have a very long shelf life as compared to other bulbs.


Many SUREFIRES are rechargeable and most people have their own requirements. These SUREFIRE flashlights that use a replaceable battery system use a number 123 lithium battery that has a very long shelf life and produces 3 volts from a very small battery which is shorter than a AA Alkaline battery but has double the power.


The owner and founder of SUREFIRE has a PH. D. in Electrical Engineering and his aim has always been to make the best product and employ the best people. At this point in time SUREFIRE has 40 Engineers on its staff. Batteries are one of the key components in the advancement of flashlight technology and in combination with Xenon Lamps, there is nothing more illuminating. SUREFIRE now uses an advanced LED bulb called "LUXEON LED".


When I was in Law Enforcement in the early 1970's I used an antiquated Kelight (spelling may be wrong) flashlight that was big and heavy and many depts. did not like them because of law suits as they were used as clubs. Todays SUREFIRE flashlights are so far advanced from what I carried, its unreal.


I remember entering a building where there was a burglary in progress and my partner at that time was a woman. We had very weak flashlights and we could not see very well upon entry. I turned around and whispered to my female partner who had her revolver pointed to my back and asked her to try and not accidentally shoot me in the back. This is a true story. Had we had a couple of current production SUREFIRE flashlights our lives that night would not have been in extreme jepardy like they were. I did survive the night, we were careful and lucky.


I am not familar with each and every SUREFIRE flashlight but I do own quite a a few of their products. My favorite light is the "C3" CENTURION model. When my big Sheppherd was bitten recentely by a copperhead snake I used my SUREFIRE C3 to hunt for that snake for weeks every night. The C3 illuminated the entire area that I was searching through and I am still using it every nite and never had to change the batteries. The two copperheads were found in the neighbors yard and killed. I still keep my SUREFIRE C3 next to my favorite revolver which is an S&W model 63 loaded with snake and or rat shot. I have shot at least 40 snakes with this gun. One snake was in my living room and another was in my garage. This is Texas, its very common to see a snake most anywhere.


In my living room I have another SUREFIRE as well as in my bed room. I keep a different SUREFIRE in every area I spend the majority of my time. I rely on my SUREFIRE flashlights for protection of life and property, whether its my life or a family member or one of my Dawgs. I keep extra bulbs on hand as well as number 123 lithium batteries.


I have gone through extensive Police training in the 1970 era but things have changed. I do not know how they look at things today but instant illumination can save your life, whether it was 35 years ago or today. Texas law is very different in many ways as compared to other states for example there is a statute that allows extreme force to be used if the criminal mischief act is at "NIGHT". I do not remember the statute number.


SUREFIRE incandescent lamps use a special tungsten filament and high pressure Xenon gas to allow the filament to run as hot as possible.
Living in South Texas we have some terrible weather and severe thunderstorms and tornados. I like a rechargeable flashlight that can be charged using 120 volt ac current and a separate 12 volt dc charger so that if my Electricity goes out like it did three times this week I can always recharge my flashlight in my truck or in my car. Running out of batteries can easily happen and you must think ahead.


SUREFIRE makes so many wonderful products you must visit their website at www.surefire.com and decide which one of their products is best for you. I would suggest you email them from contact information on their website and tell them your requirements so that they can help you in your selection process as to which of their product is best for your application.


I like a lot of lumens such as the C3 Centurion provides. Lumens is a measurement of light and I think the C3 runs about 105 lumens using three batteries and that is super bright. It uses number 123 batteries and the run time is about a steady 60 minutes.


I would be delighted to see SUREFIRE come out with a two cell flashlight that has a strobe effect, a unit like that would be a real life saver. For all I know they may already be working on something like that. Years ago I always lived on the edge in Law Enforcement and my life would not have been in as much jepardy on a daily basis if I had a SUREFIRE premium flashlight. We owe a great deal of gratitude to Dr. MATTHEWS and his VICE PRESIDENTS and his ENGINEERING STAFF.


This commentary as well as all my previous commentaries are my personal opinion and my personal viewpoint. I have given my permission to most anyone to reprint my commentaries providing they mention me as the author.


Teddy