Thursday, August 04, 2005

Being Car-jacked

WELCOME TO THE NO BS ZONE OF TEDDY JACOBSON

MUST READ - added Aug. 6, 2005 - 9:00 central time
www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=45634

THIS COMMENTARY AS WELL AS ALL MY PREVIOUS COMMENTARIES ARE MY PERSONAL OPINION AND MY PERSONAL VIEWPOINT ONLY. WHEN I QUOTE ANYONE IT HAS BEEN COPIED AND PASTED FROM A PUBLIC FORUM OR A PUBLIC DOMAIN OR AN EMAIL THAT WAS SENT TO ME.


SEE MY NEW COMMENTARY SITE - REGARDING "TACTICAL KNIVES"
www.tacticalknives.blogspot.com


I have no doubt that most all of you at one time or another have been concerned about being CAR-JACKED. I have given this a great deal of thought and many years ago when I made videos I touched this subject lightly but it requires a more in depth commentary. It mostly came to mind when I started to see people carrying ported defense weapons which I despise. A great deal of pre thought depends on whether you carry a handgun on your person and or in your glove box or under your seat.

If a person is crazy enough to pull a gun on me they better think long and hard about trying to steal my 1989 truck. I would take this very seriously and being left handed my reaction would depend on which side they were trying to get into my vehicle. A lot depends on that. My right hand has been trained to fire a handgun just as well as my preferred left hand at such a short distance. A lot would depend on whether I am alone or have a passenger in my vintage 89 truck.

I do not ever want to carry a very large caliber handgun because with the advancement in todays ammunition I do not have to be one of the guys that says I have my 1911 cocked and locked. There is nothing wrong with carrying a 1911, as long as you are well trained. In my vehicle I do not want anything to loud that would puncture my ear drums, I do not hear as good as I used to anyway so why look for more trouble. Actually my very favorite large caliber is a 41 magnum revolver but there is no way I can use it in an enclosed area. That 41 magnum would be a hell of a blast fired inside a vehicle.

For a scenario lets say you are driving and your wife is in the passenger seat. You have stopped at a red light and you are right handed, you have your very favorite Ruger SP101 chambered in 357 magnum caliber and its loaded with +P ammunition. This SP101 is one of those very special ported revolvers with 5 holes in the very top of the 2 1/4 inch barrel that shoots a flame out like a military flame thrower. This wonderful canon is on your right hip and you are ready for anything. All your doors are locked and all the windows are up.

These 3 animals are trying to break into your car on the passenger side where your wife or sister or daughter or girlfriend is sitting and screaming. You pull out your well ported revolver and being right handed in order to fire directly thru the glass on the passenger side. You must angle your right wrist in order to aim properly and when you do this the ports are now angled at your passenger, not realizing what is about to happen as you are in panic mode. You fire your revolver and you kill the attacker through the glass instantly.

Your flame thrower has just burned off your passengers face and your head liner is on fire. You have just blown out your ear drums as well as your passengers. You see your passenger and her hair is on fire. Its panic city now, the would be car-jacker is dead and luckier than your passenger. This would be a terrible scenario for anyone to ever go through.

No one ever told you this when you bought your ported handgun as it had rave reviews in all the magazines and it was promoted by major players in the gun industry. Whether these "EXPERTS" know or don't know the down side of a ported handgun is not as important as the human greed of selling a gun to make more and more money, cause they do not seem to care. A person who carries a ported gun is really looking for major trouble.

On the other hand if you had a small 38 special revolver or a 9mm pistol and had to place one or two shots in a vital area of the human anatomy this car-jacking situation would be all over very quickly. When I drove a police car and I had to park somewhere in order to write my reports in my car, I parked with the drivers side of the vehicle inches away from a building wall. Being left handed it was not easy to reach my Colt 45 which was up against my door and besides I would have used the SW model 60 which was on the INSIDE of my right ankle.

I always made sure there were never any tall buildings around where I parked so no one could take an easy shot at me with a rifle. I never set myself up in a pattern of parking in the very same place at the same time regularly. Things can and do happen very quickly when you are faced with some type of car-jacking situation, for example some one may intentionally hit your car lightly from the rear so you will jump out and demand their drivers license. Well they are just setting you up for a big fall.

The average person is not street wise and this can only come from exposure to living on the streets of a bad area. I do not mean to imply that you are homeless, I am saying you are a street wise kid that grew up knowing how to survive. This can never be explained to the nice couple that have 9 to 5 jobs and go home to a nice house in Surbubia, USA and pull into their 3 car garage in their Lexus. Most all Americans are living in a false sense of security that only exists in their own mind.

When I go out which is seldom I put myself thru a check list. I like to carry two knives. I now switched over and carry a Glock 19 that has a hard chrome slide and holds 16 rounds of pure hell made by Corbon. I have put in Chrome silicon springs that were made by Marc at ISMI (800 773 1940) and I use his captivated guide rod. My slide was hard chromed by www.trippresearch.com
Virgil did a superb job and I put some very unusual sights on it with fluorescent paint so that I can see a glimmer of color. At my age that all I can hope for.

A car-jacking can occur in seconds and you must think thru every possible scenario. Going thru these defensive training courses is a plus but its not the same as having lived on the streets and learning how to be street wise.

I used to teach Karate lessons almost 40 years ago. I was able to teach most teenagers to become very good fighters under controlled conditions but I could not give them the survivability instincts of a street kid. If I had a street kid in my class I could really make him tough anywhere at any time. In fact my biggest fear was that he would seriously hurt some one.

There is no way that I can go over every conceivable car-jacking scenario, it could happen in so many different ways such as seeing a woman struggling to change a tire and you Mr. good samaritan are stopping to help her and all of a sudden three people appear with guns pointed at your face. The city morgues are full of people that just did not think. They just did not have the survival instincts to realize how bad things can get.

Of course I think that places that teach shooting survival are good but that is not the absolute answer to staying alive. "ITS A MENTALITY THAT CAN NOT BE EASILY TAUGHT" Many police are shot because they are well cautioned not to take the very first shot by their dept. as the attorneys worry about law suits.
There is no end to this story, I can never explain the very bad situations I have been in and expect the average person to understand.

I have written this commentary to get you to start to think beyond what is normal. Ruthless people can not be dealt with by being nice. When a person is prepared to die, you tell me what is the best procedure to deal with them.

MY FRIEND THOMAS W. EMAILED ME WITH ANOTHER VERY GOOD OPTION TO ALWAYS KEEP A SMALL HANDGUN HIDDEN IN YOUR OWN TRUNK IN CASE YOU ARE EVER THROWN IN THERE BY ATTACKERS. IT IS ANOTHER VERY GOOD OPTION THAT SHOULD BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY.

Thanks, Tom




THIS COMMENTARY AS WELL AS ALL MY PREVIOUS COMMENTARIES ARE MY PERSONAL OPINION AND MY PERSONAL VIEWPOINT ONLY. WHEN EVER I QUOTE ANYONE IT HAS BEEN COPIED AND PASTED FROM A PUBLIC FORUM OR PUBLIC DOMAIN OR AN EMAIL THAT WAS SENT TO ME.


Teddy