Saturday, August 13, 2005

Home Invasion

WELCOME TO THE NO BS ZONE OF TEDDY JACOBSON


www.tacticalknives.blogspot.com


DISCLAIMER:
THIS COMMENTARY AS WELL AS ALL MY PREVIOUS COMMENTARIES ARE MY OWN PERSONAL OPINION AND MY OWN PERSONAL VIEWPOINT. WHEN SOME ONE IS QUOTED IT IS TAKEN FROM A PUBLIC FORUM AND OR A PUBLIC DOMAIN AND COPIED AND PASTED. REMEMBER OUR FIRST AND SECOND AMMENDMENT RIGHTS.


I have been wanting to write about this subject for a very long time. These home invasions are nothing new and I can remember when my good friend the Late Tom Ferguson of Gun World Fame sat here and we discussed this very same topic in 1990. There are very few homes with a locked front door that a sledge hammer won't pop open instantly. Tom and I discussed everything in detail.

Most people do not walk around their home well armed and their homes are not secure which depends a great deal in the actual setting and physical arrangement they are in. For example some one like me lives in the very back and everything is secured plus I have an alarm system which many people do not. We talked about the ability to reach a firearm quickly and this is no easy task for the average person. We talked about the caliber because of over penetration and the loud report.

Tom liked a 380 acp as his back up weapon and he used very potent ammunition that was years ahead of its time. A little 88 grain HP bullet traveling at 1100 FPS is a screamer. A well placed bullet like that will ruin some ones day. I have given these smaller handguns a great deal of thought as they can be hidden all over a persons home providing that there are no children living or visiting that house. Safety must come first at all cost.

There are so many people that are so very careless and let me give you an example. Lets say you are a woman coming home to an empty house and you have a garage. As you drive up you automatically use your garage door opener and it lets you pull in with out leaving the car. BUT how many people wait in their LOCKED CAR until the garage door closes to make sure no one gets in. Next time you pull into your garage see when you would normally exit your vehicle, is your garage fully closed ??? Have you checked in your rear view mirror before exiting your car ???

Things like this can be a matter of life and death. Many people refuse to own a gun of any kind. Many people buy pepper spray or CN or CS gas canisters. Let me tell you that if an attacker is super high on certain drugs he will just shake it off and not even slow him down. Even the street Police have known this for years.

The Police are now finding out that this Taser unit weapon that they are relying on does not always work as planned because the criminals have found that after they are hit by a Taser if they roll on the ground fast that they can break the wire at the back of the needles that penetrated their skin. For every action there is always a reaction.

Handing some one your money is a bad thing to do under stress of a robbery or an invasion. Its best to throw the money far away from you so they will go after the money or what ever valuables they are asking for and you can run the other way.

The very sad reason that so many good Police are shot while on the job is they hesitate as they are trained to do in the academy because of trying to be sure that they are not the one that shoots first. This hesitation has put many fine Police with families in the ground. Its better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6.

I like to keep loaded weapons everywhere in order to be sure I have access to one regardless of where I am on my property. I like to keep very powerful flashlights in every area of my property also. I remember when Tom and I discussed this when he used to watch TV there was a loaded BHP in between the cushions of where he always sat. His ammunition of choice was always the Late Joe Zambones Magsafe Ammunition that was beyond belief in the destruction it would cause regardless of what caliber he used.

I personally have Dawgs and I would not have had as good a life with out them. Looking at my big DAWG and not knowing her is enough to give anyone with bad intentions a stroke. A couple of attackers that want to enter your home will find a way. I have always looked at aggresive attackers this way, its going to be my job to have them meet their maker very quickly.

I have always found that having lights on is a good source of prevention. For example if I was wrong why would the cities all over America light up their bad neighborhoods with sodium lamps or mercury vapor lamps. This is a definite method that reduces crime, and yes I know that the people living in these areas often reject that idea and complain to city governments that its easier to shoot people in a well lighted area. You decide for your self. Personally I like the lighted areas.

You must always be aware of your surroundings whether you are home or not. Having secure locks on all your doors and windows will give you mental comfort but in reality anyone that wants in will find a way. I prefer to rely on my Beretta 92F's that are strategically placed in areas I am comfortable with. When I have seen a problem in the middle of the night I always keep a handgun in my pocket. I would never rely on any one handgun. I rely just as much in having a knife on me also.

Having a small Colt Mustang which is chambered in 380 acp using a very special hot +P+ bullet gives me some comfort as the Mustang is one of the very few 380's that has a locked breech.

You must just look at your living quarters and realize things can get pretty bad in seconds. When something goes down, it goes down very fast and you better be ready. I refuse to be a victim. Shotguns and rifles are wonderful self defense weapons but in small quarters they are limited. I would leave all options opened, I am open minded about protection of life and property.

If things get very bad in this country as even our own government is predicting, you better give this some real thought and not just put your head in the sand like so many Americans are doing by thinking that it could not happen to us. I have so many neighbors that told me personally they have no need for a gun and would never own one. Well I got news for them if something does go down they can't come to me for help. LET THEM CALL THE LOCAL OFFICE OF THE ACLU FOR HELP.


Teddy


THIS COMMENTARY AS WELL AS ALL MY PREVIOUS COMMENTARIES ARE MY PERSONAL OPINION AND MY PERSONAL VIEWPOINT ONLY. WHEN EVER I QUOTE ANYONE IT HAS BEEN COPIED AND PASTED OFF A PUBLIC FORUM OR A PUBLIC DOMAIN.