Friday, October 29, 2004

North American Arms

This is an excellent company that makes all kinds of very good products. In this commentary I will devote it strictly to their mini revolvers. I have always liked revolvers and NAA makes some excellent single action models for daily carry.
The owner of this company, Sandy Chisholm has an open mind and he wants to make the best product that is possible, he really cares. I have no doubt about his dedication and sincerity.

North American Arms (NAA) makes an extensive line of tiny single action revolvers. There are people that may not take these revolvers seriously, that is a very big mistake. I have always had comfort in knowing I have had one of Sandy's revolvers in my pocket.

I have always liked the mini revolver in 22 magnum and I like the 1 5/8 inch barrel. A small pocket revolver could be your best friend in a life and death situation. These Single Action revolvers do not need any work, they are Stainless Steel and are just fine as is, new in box.

The cylinder incorporates a notch between chambers so you can lower your hammer down and it safely rests in an area between cartridges so that there can be no accidental discharge.
The mini revolver I own and carry was fitted with a non flutted cylinder by Wayne Martin of NAA.

NAA makes many models and different grips and holsters are available. I have had my mini revolver in my pocket at least 10 years. I carry a bullet that is very HOT and has a nickel plated case to cut down on corrosion. It has a front sight, but to me its not important as this is for an unexpected dilema that will be up close and personal.

The cylinder comes out of the frame after you release and remove the center pin rod. Once its loaded and good to go there is no reason for me to remove the cylinder unless I just want to clean the chambers. I fired my revolver many years ago and its not something I need to practice with. Its a comfort just knowing its in my pocket for any emergency that might come up.

NAA makes a larger series of revolvers which are easier to hold but I prefer to carry the smaller one. They also make a few different tiny models chambered in 22 short, 22 long rifle, and of course the 22 magnum.
The weight varies with the mini models from 4 to 6.6 ounces. Lengths varie with the mini models from 3 5/8 inches to 6 1/8 inches overall. The mini revolvers retail from about $150.00 to $200.00 I do not have the exact figure.

The 2 inch Black Widow is about 8.8 ounces and the 4 inch Mini Master weighs 10.7 ounces.
These are serious revolvers and not to be taken lightly. If you ever get into serious trouble and have left your daily heavy carry gun at home you better pray that you have a small NAA mini Revolver in your pocket like I do.

Go to www.naaminis.com and check them out.

Authors Personal Notation: This commentary as with all my previously written commentaries are based on my opinion only. I mean what I say and I say what I mean.

Teddy Jacobson / Pistolsmith
www.actionsbyt.com
281 277 4008
tjacobson@houston.rr.com
www.actionsbyt.blogspot.com/