Saturday, October 23, 2004

"The Shooters Guide to The 1911"

I have read so many different gun books during my lifetime its unreal, I have hundreds of books in book cases everywhere. I specifically remember certain books that left definite impressions in my mind to this day. Some have become classics. My friend Stephen Camp is a retired Police officer and he is a superb gun writer. Some of you may have seen some of his evaluation articles on the various gun forums.

Mr. Camp has now written a new different kind of book called "The Shooters Guide to the 1911" . This book is going to be a wonderful asset for the 1911 handgun owner that wants to have an excellent up to date in depth commentary in which its primary focus is on the 45 acp cartridge, but there will be some information on the 9mm, 10mm, 38 super calibers.

This is NOT a gunsmithing shop manual and it does not teach "SMITHING". This book will give you a very close look at the strengths and weaknesses based on honesty on all these years of use of John Brownings 1911 pistol. Its written for the average 1911 owner and will educate people in every area that would concern a person who either wants to buy or already owns a 1911 pistol. The reason I admire Mr. Camp so much is that he has values similar to mine of total honesty, integrity and high morals and has no other agenda like so many other people in the gun business. He is not motivated by BENJAMIN FRANKLIN.

This book contains range evaluations on several 1911 full size Government models as well as Two long slide pistols. Colt commanders are included as well as the Colt Defender and the small 1911 style Kimber pistol. This book is VERY detailed as "NOT" many people like Mr. Camp can do, with total honesty.

There are chapters on Barrels and Bushings, Hammers and Sears, Springs, Disconnectors, Triggers, Grips, selecting the right Grip Safety, Thumb Safeties, Main Spring Housings, Magazines, Front Grip Straps, etc.

This publication will explain how it works and will discuss why it will "NOT" work. You will get detailed ammunition tables of information and evaluation including chronograph information using factory loads as well as handloads.
This book will have close to 200 pages and will be in a class by itself to assist and educate the 1911 gun owner.

I have seen some of the photographs and I know how very thorough Mr. Camp has been. I have read most every 1911 book I could ever find since I was 18 years old. I remember some of them very well and to this day I can say some of the old books I read, their content was poor at best. I believe that this new book will set a new higher standard very valuable in detailed information for the person that wants to buy or already owns a 1911 pistol.

You can reach Stephen Camp via email at s.camp9@charter.net If you want to contact him by US MAIL = STEPHEN A CAMP, 2901 OSAGE LANE, DENTON, TEXAS 76210-2956
I suggest you place your name on his waiting list for one of these books now as the information you will learn can not be found anywhere else.
THIS BOOK WILL BE AVAILABLE APPROX. DECEMBER 25, 2004 .


Authors Personal Notation: I devote about 2.5 hours per day in order to be able to write these commentaries to help the honest gun owner. I have no intention of trying to help some of the greedy gunsmiths out their that have dollar signs in their eye balls. There are some very good SMITHS I like such as Ed Vandenberg, etc. I do help gunsmiths that call me and that are very nice. When people have turned on me and have taken advantage of my good nature and tried to use my reputation for their self gratification ($$$$$$) , there is never going to be a second chance to stab me in the back, when its over, its over, they can only blame the guy in their mirror.
I could have been very well off today if I was not as honest as I am. I have nothing to feel guilty about when I meet the Grim Reaper, as I truly know I have done my best to treat everyone fair and honestly. I do not and will never cater to target people, they are a breed all there own.
I am going to write an in depth series of commentaries about gun publications and gun writers, remember I am not in bed with anyone, I am my own man.
In a world of compromise, I will not, its not an option.
I am just trying to help educate the honest gun owner at a great cost to me, as I have pissed off a lot of people because I can not be bought.


Teddy Jacobson
www.actionsbyt.com
281 277 4008
tjacobson@houston.rr.com
www.actionsbyt.blogspot.com/