Thursday, October 14, 2004

Glock Pistols

This has become one of my favorite handguns. I own a number of them in all calibers. I would never hesitate to recommend this pistol to serious people who want to survive a social encounter of any kind in any type of weather. I feel comfortable using a 9mm, 40 S&W, 357 Sig, 45 acp, it does not matter, as long as I do my job of placing the very best bullet money can buy in a vital area. Its always bullet placement, it always has been.

For Police everywhere the goal is to be able to go home after their shift is over. I personally carry a Glock 27 that has a matte chrome plated slide and I use an Alessi holster. My 27 has a New York Trigger spring that I installed. The pistol I carry has about 30 micro scopic coats of Moly which I air brushed on the barrel and then baked it on. This is a different type of moly that is used in internal combustion engines from the Automotive industry. This allows my Glock barrel to be self lubricated.

When you install a New York Trigger spring which is just a color coded plastic plastic type "V" shape device with a different type of coil spring to make it much stonger you must not use it with an 8 lb. connector. I only use the 5 lb. connector as I do not like the 3.5 lb. connector and will not use it because it gives you a very poor mushy trigger pull.

I have no problem using the original Glock sights, in fact I suggest leaving the factory rear "U" shaped plastic sight and replacing the plastic front sight with a steel Novak front dot and painting it fluorescent orange. I use Ashley big dot sights which are now called x/s sights. My big dot front sight has a tritium vial for night capability, I see no reason to use tritium in the rear sight, which is just my personal opinion.


I like the various after market guide rods made by Wolff and ISMI. The more I use this chrome silicon Alloy wire, the more I like it.
All Glock pistols are good, there is not one model that I can say that I do not recommend. I am not familiar enough with the 45 GAP caliber to give you my opinion. If I had to pick one Glock model that is ideal for most men and women it would be the Glock 19 in 9mm caliber.

I have noticed that some years of manufacture of Glock pistols, the internal nickel parts have peeled. I do not know if the factory in Austria has used a different Platter or what has caused this problem. Some of the current models seem to have a slightly different finish on the slide but it is still the same reliable Glock pistol.
The one Glock I have seen the most problems with has been the model 21, seeing chipped extractors. I do believe they have corrected this problem by changing the angle of the breech face and using an upgraded extractor.

I am not privileged to get service bulletins from Austria, so I can not go into detail. You can not go wrong with any model you choose as long as you learn its use and especially safety precautions when carrying a bullet in the chamber as I do. It seems half the Law Enforcement agencies in this country see it like I do as they have authorized their Officers to carry a Glock including the New York City Police dept with almost 40,000 Police officers.

This polymer frame pistol that some people keep putting down because they are ignorant is really a first rate handgun that will not let you down if you follow the manufacturers instructions and carry it safely using factory ammunition.

Teddy Jacobson
www.actionsbyt.com
281 277 4008
tjacobson@houston.rr.com
www.actionsbyt.blogspot.com/